Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) Version 12: What’s new
The recent release of Version 12 of Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management is aimed at making it even easier for organisations to adapt, improve and grow.
Improvements in the latest version are both structural and functional: giving you the capacity to operate and process information faster, collaborate and use the system more effortlessly, and deploy and customise your technology in more versatile ways.
Superior usability and mobile working in Version 12 of Sage Enterprise Management
You’ll notice a new look and feel to the navigation when you upgrade to Version 12 of Sage Enterprise Management. It will be faster to find commonly used features and a new responsive design makes adding, viewing and analysing data truly seamless on any device and screen size, so you can empower your growing mobile workforce.
Page layouts automatically adjust to your screen—on any operating system—including the size of fields and titles. Version 12 also has a simplified screen designer to help you personalise layouts for different departments and teams.
Version 12 improves compliance and finance for complex, global companies
As you’d expect, the latest update ensures that Sage Enterprise Management continues to safely cover-off on evolving accounting, tax and compliance issues globally—given Sage supports customers across more than 80 countries around the world.
It gives both public and private businesses the capacity to calculate revenue recognition adjustments in the context of complex projects, in line with changes to global accounting standards.
Version 12 enhances the tools available to help you comply with GDPR, essential if you’re a multinational company with operations in Europe. It also improves the automation of tax declarative processes in light of the UK’s new mandatory digital tax management initiative (Making Tax Digital).
For Australian businesses, further taxation improvements have been made including BAS and GST reporting: you can now create company groups, and create and manage reporting periods.
Noteworthy new finance features include:
- Improved ability to run advanced bank statement imports for reconciliations.
- Currency variation calculations when partial matching.
- Automated journal creation when transferring fixed assets across sites.
- Enhanced journal traceability.
A genuine boost to supply chain responsiveness revealed in Version 12
Here’s some key ways Version 12 of Sage Enterprise Management makes managing your supply chain simpler so you can focus on continuous improvement and achieving high levels of customer service:
- Scheduling production: More easily identify dependencies between work orders and raw material availability to improve planning and capacity to promise. Other enhancements to the Production Scheduler feature allow you to create custom planning views with new criteria, and fix your operation start date.
- Improving production: Quality management and continuous improvement programs are supported by new Non-Conformance management capabilities: identify issues, adjust and follow up on past issues with ease. There’s also changes that will assist during production like: weighing scale improvements (for pharmaceutical industry compliance); and the ability to replace, delete and make significant revisions in versioning.
- Sales and Purchasing: Version 12 brings new levels of automation, giving you team more time to make customers happy. For instance: default supplier per product site; not invoice-able deliveries; scheduled invoice generation; and automatic updates on sales and purchasing documents with a project dimension.
- Inventory management: New Licence Plate Numbering (LPN) helps you track information for a group of items within a container. Manage and track logistics for inventory within a container using a single number across each stage of the supply chain. Version 12 also makes stock valuation more precise: FIFO rate calculations, and stock receipt valuation that accounts for multiple documents regardless of whether purchase documents are registered before or after receiving the goods.
- Project management: Improvements that help you manage costs better to control profitability at the project scale, such as multi-projects consolidation; global tree view of tasks and budgets by project; task dependencies; project baseline snapshot; graphical timeline of task planning; and KPI reporting.
Upgrade to V12 of Sage Enterprise Management and function better
Installing the latest version of Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management enables you to benefit from these tremendously useful new features. Gain access to an improved interface, up-to-date compliance and financial management features, and functionality that will further streamline your supply chain management.
Downloading Version 12 is also an important step your organisation can take to ensure your Sage product remains secure and compatible.
This article looks at how companies that make and sell medical devices can stay ahead of the curve when it comes to compliance, by adopting better business systems. Medical and dental clinics, hospitals, diagnostic services, and pharmacies are essential to the...
This post explores how Sage X3/Enterprise Management improves the planning and work that happens behind the scenes when bringing food and drinks to market. Everybody needs nourishment, and a growing population means more ‘bodies’ that need to be fed. Additionally,...
This post provides an overview of Sage Enterprise Management and answers some commonly asked questions about the product. Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management is an enterprise-wide platform for total business management in complex organisations. Formerly known as...
WHAT WE DO
Sage Enterprise Management Consulting
Sage Enterprise Management Implementation
Sage Enterprise Management Support
ERP Advisory & Strategy
ERP Implementation & Customisation
FROM THE BLOG
New South Wales
Level 6, 52-58 William Street
East Sydney NSW
Find our Sydney office
Level 8, 20-22 Albert Road
South Melbourne, VIC
Find our Melbourne office
Corporate House, 155 Varsity Parade
Varsity Lakes, Robina, QLD
Find our Brisbane office