How to enable a connected software environment with Sage Enterprise Management
True versatility may seem at odds with the goal of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, which aim to harmonise all of an organisation’s processes and data within one, unified system.
But Sage is leading the way in delivering all-round proficiency and flexibility.
How? Through a connected ecosystem approach that creates stronger yet more supple connections between the various components, a customer could want in a complex ERP solution.
Practically speaking, this approach takes the form of a one-stop shop for business process management solutions through the Sage Business Cloud.
Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management is the perfect example of a modern Business Management Solution solution that’s designed to scale with your business requirements; where you can:
- Pick and choose the core functionality as part of your licensing options; and
- Extend your solution’s capability, as and when needed, by choosing from a vetted marketplace of applications that work seamlessly with your foundational product.
How does Sage’s connected ecosystem support growing business needs?
Sage Enterprise Management provides an excellent backbone for improved process management, data-sharing and analysis across your company or supply chain.
Within the Sage Business Cloud, as your functionality needs expand you can easily integrate and scale to achieve even greater finesse in how you manage key aspects of your channels and sales, business and finance management, and supply chain.
For sales and channel management:
- By using the Enterprise Management Sales App, you can give your sales field representatives mobile access to vital information they need to close a sale while they’re out and about. They can check on available inventory, create discounted offers, and generate sales orders. The app has both offline and online capability.
- With Enterprise Management E-Commerce it’s simple to establish an e-commerce channel with customer-specific catalogues and ensure that information captured via online orders flows seamlessly throughout your business. This solution is designed for manufacturers and distributors that want to introduce a direct-to-market offering to increase their competitiveness.
For business and finance management:
- Document management that aligns beautifully with your centralised ERP data management is a breeze with applications like V1 and DocLink by Altec, which allow you to reap the rewards of going paperless by capturing documentation electronically through methods including scanning, OCR and XML.
- Enterprise Management Data and Analytics (EDMA) can be quickly deployed to help your business drive data governance and report on data from multiple sources (including Sage Enterprise Management, complementary solutions and virtually any connected data source) with pre-built data models that can be customised for your business.
- If your business needs a powerful collaboration tool to enable your finance team to complete complex budgeting, project management and forecasting, the Prophix application connects with Sage Enterprise Management—and augments its capacity to consolidate multiple data sources, for integrated financial planning.
For supply chain management:
- You can eliminate paper-based transactions within your wholesale distribution operation, reduce uncertainty in the packing and logistics process, and meet the requirements of big-box retailers with an EDI solution that complements Sage Enterprise Management. An integration with MAPADOC embeds EDI functionality within your ERP system.
- The Datalinx Warehouse Manager for Sage Enterprise Management allows your warehouse team to increase their productivity and efficiency by utilising mobile scanning devices, and enhances your ERP solution’s order management, stock take and pick/pack functionality for more in-depth warehouse management. This watertight integration means records are always accurate in real-time both on the warehouse floor and throughout your company.
- Fine-tune your forecasting capabilities when it comes to balancing stock levels is possible with the Sage Inventory Advisor available in the Sage Business Cloud. Your team can be alerted to potential stock-outs, forecast trends in turnover and sales, and manage centralised procurement and distribution—all from an intuitive dashboard.
Secure and scalable: it pays to create a connected software environment
Innovative software companies like Sage are breaking down the image of the ERP as a cumbersome, staid piece of technology. Your business won’t be limited when you have the Sage Business Cloud within reach.
Underpinning Sage’s approach is a range of bleeding edge technologies working together to improve customer experience. It starts with a scalable platform with cloud deployment at its foundation using Amazon Web Services: the best available technology in the market.
Version 12 of Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management was recently released and introduced a new responsive design that supports all mobile platforms, and new API protocols that will make it even easier for best of breed applications to be developed for the software.
Embracing change at speed required robust systems and the flexibility to adapt—Sage Enterprise Management is the ideal solution to remain at the forefront of an evolving business landscape.
Want to learn more about implementing a complete solution with Sage Enterprise Management at the centre of a connected ecosystem? Talk to our expert team by phoning 1300 045 046, or email email@example.com.
Food trends come and go, but people will always expect freshness: this post delves into the shelf life management functionality of Sage X3/Enterprise Management. Knowing the freshness and viability of raw ingredients and finished products is essential across the...
This article looks at how companies that make and sell medical devices can stay ahead of the curve when it comes to compliance, by adopting better business systems. Medical and dental clinics, hospitals, diagnostic services, and pharmacies are essential to the...
This post explores how Sage X3/Enterprise Management improves the planning and work that happens behind the scenes when bringing food and drinks to market. Everybody needs nourishment, and a growing population means more ‘bodies’ that need to be fed. Additionally,...
WHAT WE DO
Sage Enterprise Management Consulting
Sage Enterprise Management Implementation
Sage Enterprise Management Support
ERP Advisory & Strategy
ERP Implementation & Customisation
FROM THE BLOG
New South Wales
Level 6, 52-58 William Street
East Sydney NSW
Find our Sydney office
Level 8, 20-22 Albert Road
South Melbourne, VIC
Find our Melbourne office
Corporate House, 155 Varsity Parade
Varsity Lakes, Robina, QLD
Find our Brisbane office